Author Topic: Sugar Shooter 2 - Public Demo v0.61 beta  (Read 466906 times)

Reiga

• View Profile
Re: Sugar Shooter 2 - Public Demo v0.6 beta
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2011, 07:09:58 AM »
BTW, what are those blocks that Saonji is firing or floating near me?

punipen

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2011, 07:20:39 AM »
BTW, what are those blocks that Saonji is firing or floating near me?

It's a brick block :P He's the gate guardian so his theme is about wall and defending, etc.

wow the guy who is playing sugar shooter 2 in you tube is really good. I wonder if he will play hard mode next.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SGalliver#p/u

And we better post our score soon hee hee  ^^''

Wow, that's pretty good! Though I'm kinda afraid youtube might delete the video soon, since he didn't censor anything O_o;
Still, in his video, he only manage to reach Synchro Level 2. I've seen a Japanese tweet of one guy saying that he could reach 6 by the end of the first stage. So, the video might help you learn which part of the stage he missed the chance to Soul Whisk ^ ^

Also, the demo is now updated! We've talked about a score competition which should be sometime around this week :) Once everything is settled we will announce here ASAP ;D

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 07:23:50 AM by punipen »

Reiga

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2011, 09:52:15 AM »
So what exactly has been updated?

Arthur

• I don't know how it happened!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2011, 11:28:46 AM »
Yeah, that guy posting the videos had 300% for most of them but didn't use Sugar Rush until Saionji. That was a big waste. It's not that hard to collect sweets so he could of raised his score a lot higher by using it multiple times before Saionji and he could gain a lot more macarons while doing it too, which would also allow him to use soul whisk more than once. Gosh, I love the strategy in SS2. :P

Reiga

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2011, 01:28:22 PM »
My tactic is to get as close to the enemy as possible and build up enough to do a Sugar Burst, so I can collect more hearts for the Soul Whisk

Kinky-K

• nomnomnom
    • View Profile
    • Sugar★Shooter Wiki
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 07:06:36 PM »
Some stuff:

Difficulty descriptions:
Sweet;
Suitable for beginner shmup players.

Normal;
Suitable for casual shmup players.

Bitter;
Suitable for veteran shmup players.

Black;
For those who don't know the meaning of sugar.

Partner descriptions:
For Hitbox it needs to say Medium, not Middle, for Sugarless and Arthur's.

Souffle;
Change to:
Attack with bone bullets that will home in on the nearest enemy.

Sugarless;
Change to:
Front-focus type with broadsword bullets that can penetrate through enemies.

(Don't forget to add a period at the end of all the Partner descriptions, you forgot them at the end of all the last sentences. Same for the difficulty descriptions.)

Some more text pointers:
Ouch... What are you, sir? A criminal?
Change to:
Ouch... Sir, what are you? A criminal? (maybe wait for me to edit this again tomorrow about this one lol)

Aside from that I think there still needs to be an actual sentence closer mark in the lines where a music note is used.

A suggestion to line up the text for "Continue?" and Quit game?
And maybe make it "Quit Game?" with a capitol for Game, not just quit. Basically right now it looks like the font size might even be different, and going back and forth between the options looks off.

That's all for now!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:19:12 PM by AlexRexx »

Reiga

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »
I think it's okay to have a Japanese word plural.  But wow, you are such a grammar Nazi, lol

punipen

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 10:00:37 PM »
@Reiga
Nah. It's just I'm a grammar noob  :-[

@AlexRexx
I think it's my mistake this time. The space occur when the text is long. That text is pretty short so I think it's my fault and not the script.

As for the Continue and Quit, I noticed that too but totally forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me!

Kinky-K

• nomnomnom
    • View Profile
    • Sugar★Shooter Wiki
Re: Sugar Shooter 2 - Public Demo v0.61 beta
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 01:49:36 PM »
Some more:
Ran into a couple things while going through with Souffle.
One was when I activated my Soul Whisk and was pummeling Saionji with dem rainbones and once I beat that attack pattern one of the bones kept flying around Saionji. It wasn't a big deal, but it happened. lol

And:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/6986549/640/6986549.png
I took this screen right after I continued because my HSCORE was over the million mark but it went back to this 836690 you see, and it just didn't replace it for some reason. :(

And:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/6986579/img/6986579.png
The Sugar Burst graphic overlays the pause menu for some reason. I'm assuming this happens with the Soul Whisk graphics too, but I haven't been able to check.

Suggestion:
When you are defeated, simply give the options of Continue, Quit Game, and Restart, right then and there, then follow up the selection with the "this option, yes/no". I think you get the idea. While trying to get a highscore it's super annoying to not have the restart option when I am defeated, and Continue Quit Game and Restart should just be there anyway.

punipen

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2011, 06:25:48 PM »
Some more:
Ran into a couple things while going through with Souffle.
One was when I activated my Soul Whisk and was pummeling Saionji with dem rainbones and once I beat that attack pattern one of the bones kept flying around Saionji. It wasn't a big deal, but it happened. lol

And:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/6986549/640/6986549.png
I took this screen right after I continued because my HSCORE was over the million mark but it went back to this 836690 you see, and it just didn't replace it for some reason. :(

And:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/6986579/img/6986579.png
The Sugar Burst graphic overlays the pause menu for some reason. I'm assuming this happens with the Soul Whisk graphics too, but I haven't been able to check.

Suggestion:
When you are defeated, simply give the options of Continue, Quit Game, and Restart, right then and there, then follow up the selection with the "this option, yes/no". I think you get the idea. While trying to get a highscore it's super annoying to not have the restart option when I am defeated, and Continue Quit Game and Restart should just be there anyway.

Currently, the highscore will not register if you choose continue, so it'll go back to your previous highscore. So if you love your highscore and want to save it, you have to start over. Or you can continue and try making a new highscore.

I'll look into the image layering problem >_<; Thought I get rid all of them but seems like some are still there.

As fort the suggestion, Mogmog suggested the exact same thing and we're going to fix that in the next demo :)

HeftyHuck

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2012, 11:08:55 PM »
Hi.  I really LOVE the demo of Sugar Shooter 2.  I have a Mac so I never had the chance to play SS1, but I am so happy you are making SS2 for both PC and Mac.  Do you know when the full version will be released?  I cannot wait to purchase it.

Thanks in advance!   ;D

punipen

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2012, 09:28:14 AM »
Hi.  I really LOVE the demo of Sugar Shooter 2.  I have a Mac so I never had the chance to play SS1, but I am so happy you are making SS2 for both PC and Mac.  Do you know when the full version will be released?  I cannot wait to purchase it.

Thanks in advance!   ;D

Thanks, HeftyHuck! I have a Mac to and I totally understand how Mac doesn't get enough games from doujin scene, so we want to do something different this time :) We're thinking about porting Sugar Shooter 1 to OSX too...but maybe after Kemo Coliseum or something ^ ^; We have many projects in the queue right now!

As for the game release date. The Japanese version will be released on the 19th of February.  Official English version might be a little later than that though.

HeftyHuck

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2012, 06:03:45 PM »
Thanks, HeftyHuck! I have a Mac to and I totally understand how Mac doesn't get enough games from doujin scene, so we want to do something different this time :) We're thinking about porting Sugar Shooter 1 to OSX too...but maybe after Kemo Coliseum or something ^ ^; We have many projects in the queue right now!

As for the game release date. The Japanese version will be released on the 19th of February.  Official English version might be a little later than that though.

Thanks so much for the update.  I am so excited about Sugar Shooter 2....  it looks amazing! 
Also, it would be really cool if you do decide on porting SS1 to OSX.

Thanks again!   ;D